Holding a press conference at the 2013 PRI Trade Show is fairly straightforward. Here are the basics:
- Press conferences are typically no more than 30 minutes long. They are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A press conference may be held either in the exhibitor's booth or in the Media Center, which is outfitted with a podium and microphone, and seats 50.
- A floor plan of the Media Center is available upon request, if you would like to see how it is configured.
- Time slots for press conferences are available, in 30-minute blocks, at the following times:
10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 12
9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 13
9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 14
- A handful of time slots have already been reserved, but many are still available.
A few additional key points to keep in mind:
- The final schedule is created so that there are no competing press conferences taking place at the same time, and so that media are able to go from one press conference to the next as easily as possible.
- If your press conference has important and relevant news, and it offers media great visuals and spokespersons, then you’ll be much more likely to be successful regardless of the day and time you hold it.
- A new product announcement may be news, but because it will be among the multitude of new products debuting at the PRI Show, it may not be important or relevant to a large number of reporters.
- It is the responsibility of each individual exhibitor to promote/publicize their press conference to the media ahead of time. It is recommended that exhibitors reach out to press ahead of time to alert them to the press conference, and perhaps what type of announcement will be made.
- PRI can provide interested exhibitors with a list and contact information (excluding email addresses) of press who have registered for the PRI Trade Show.
- PRI will also distribute a press release approximately 3-4 weeks prior to the Show notifying registered media members of the scheduled press conferences at the PRI Trade Show.
949/499-5413, ext. 3028